"Since John and Katy are caring for my pets, they look, act and are happier!! It is like Ande and Orion are their own. Love them!" Millie
To set up daily dog walking or in-your-home pet sitting service with Pet 'N Play, an initial consultation must be scheduled. This is when we come to your home to meet you and your pets, learn about your pet's behavior and routine, go over paperwork, tour your home, and obtain keys (2 copies required). Consultations are free and typically last 15-30 minutes. Please have all pet sitting forms filled out in advance. Please remember to fill out a separate pet profile for each pet in the home. Click here for our forms.
The initial consultation should be scheduled at least 2 weeks prior to the beginning of service. Fill out the contact form on our contact us page to request service. If you would like references sent to you prior to the consultation we will gladly provide these to you.
We look forward to meeting you and your pet(s) and building a long-term relationship!
1. Plan in advance! Call or email as early as possible to make a reservation to ensure we can get you and your pets in our schedule.
2. Fill out all pet-sitting paperwork completely and with as much detail as possible. Everything we need to know about your pet and home is covered in our paperwork.
3. Fill out a separate Pet Profile for each pet. Even if you are just hiring us to visit your dog while you are at work, if you have a cat that we may come in contact with, we like to have their information as well, just in case of emergency. This way, we are also set to take care of everyone if you go out of town.
4. Please note that we do NOT allow any shared pet sitting service with anyone else! We are to be the only ones entering your home while you are away. Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for more information.
5. Alert close neighbors and/or friends that we will be visiting your home while you are away (out of town or during the work day).
6. Make sure you have plenty of food, treats, medication, litter, etc. on hand for as long as you will be away, plus extra in case your trip is extended.
7. Have cleaning supplies (paper towel, carpet spot cleaner, trash bags, etc.) readily available. Have a towel by the door for wiping off paws. Have a broom & dustpan and/or hand vacuum nearby for cleaning around litter boxes.
8. Empty your trash and clean out refrigerator/counter of perishable items before you leave if you will be away for an extended period of time.
9. Have a snow removal service lined up while you are away, if necessary.
10. If you arrive home early, or will be delayed in your return, please call us ASAP so we can adjust our schedule accordingly. Same applies for early or late departures.
11. Alert us to any visitors to your house we may run into during our daily visits (i.e. cleaning service, repair service, out of town guests, etc.).
12. When arriving home as scheduled from a trip, please call, email, or text to let us know that you are home and that our service is completed.
"He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart."- Anonymous